Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Windows 7 Utilities Audio Shell

I was spring cleaning through my music collection the other day and
updating all of my current music and ripped CD’s with the appropriate album
artwork when it occurred to me that the majority of my video media did not
have its own artwork. I use a 32GB Zune HD and like many other PMP’s, it
shows a thumbnail of the video clip about 30-45 seconds into the video by
efault. I was wondering if I would be able to do what I do with audio files
to my video files for adding artwork both in Windows 7 and on the Zune HD.
I tried everything I could think to try and inevitably came to what everyone does when they need to do something and doesn’t know how, I googled
exactly what I was trying to do, word-for-word. After sifting through the
usual amount of articles and posts which offered little to no help, I stumbled
on a program called AudioShell.
AudioShell is a great add-on because it doesn’t exactly add a program to
your computer, but instead adds a few more tabs in the right-click properties
menu of a file. These new tabs allow the user to add and change ID3
metadata tags without the use of a third party program like Mp3tag. Best of
all, while it is essentially made for editing information on audio files, it will
allow users to edit tag information on certain video formats.
Download AudioShell from Google.
Once installed, simply find an accepted video file -> Right-click on the file and
select Properties -> Click on the AudioShell Tag Editor menu tab and
select Add Cover -> Navigate to the movie poster file which you saved in
advance and click Apply.
supported file types by AudioShell taken from the AudioShell website.
* mp3 (all ID3 tag versions)
* wma, asf and wmv (including DRM protected files)
* Apple iTunes and iPod aac (m4a, m4b, m4v and m4p) and mp4 files
* ogg, flac (vorbis comment tags)
* mpc, mp+ (APE/APEv2 tags)
* monkey’s audio (APE/APEv2 tags)
* wav pack (APE/APEv2 tags)
* optim frog (APE/APEv2 tags)
* wav (ID3v2 tag in ‘tag ‘ RIFF chunk)

No comments:

Post a Comment